This Christmas, your generosity can make a bigger difference than ever! (Learn more here)
Merry Christmas, Believers Church!
As a church, we are finishing the year strong and showing God’s love to others every chance we get. Over the past 2 years, you responded with overwhelming enthusiasm to our compassion offering, showing that you mean business when it comes to caring for those in need. In 2020, you gave a grand total of (drumroll please) $53,027.00! One hundred percent of that money went directly to helping people in need, and all this was in addition to the regular support BC already gives to many people and organizations.
We tend to underestimate the value of each small gift we bring. We want to remind you that one little boy brought his small lunch to Jesus, and Jesus multiplied it to feed thousands! Let us show you just some of the ways your contribution was multiplied:
The person sitting next to you ‘in the pew’ - Single moms, those who were sick, those who lost jobs & those who ran into crisis were given a helping hand in their time of need.
More than a dozen non-profit organizations right here in your community –these non-profit organizations were all challenged financially because of theCovid-19 crisis and inflation. You showed you care!
Through them, you provided help to organizations and people who live near your BC Campus in giving:
· Food, clothing & shelter for those in need: single moms, children, orphans, and hundreds of hurting families (East Ohio Adoption Agency, Children's Services, Youngstown Rescue Mission, Project MKC, Beds for Kids)
· Shelter for abused women & their children (Someplace Safe)
· Support for families who are facing issues related to declining health or profound loss (Samaritan's Purse)
· Missions’ organizations - You helped with specific projects that provided water, medicine, food & clothing for the needy in several countries (Hearts in Action, World Vision, Voice of the Martyrs, Food for the Hungry)
· Supplies for deployed military personnel
· Aid to ministries who fight human trafficking (A21)
We also stepped up with a sense of urgency to help persecuted Christians in other parts of the world. We contributed generously to 2 world-class organizations which then matched our contributions - yes, that doubled our gift! Through these gifts, we helped heavily persecuted Christians in Ethiopia who had homes burned down and family members murdered for their faith. We also provided support for those in dire poverty to help them build a way of living so that they could avoid turning to sex slavery of children to provide income for their families.
There’s no stopping us now. When a need arises in 2022, we will be ready to meet it. Our 2021 compassion offering will take place on the weekend of December 11 & 12. This is an offering where we ask God what he would have us to give above our regular tithes and offerings. Would you take some time and pray about your part?
One more thing … I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing that you love and value your local church more than ever during the past year. Your regular tithes and offerings kept us up and running; and able to reach a larger group of people in a very challenging time. May God bless you for prioritizing the spreading of His good news when the world so desperately needs it!
Here are a few things you will need to know:
How to Give: There are several simple and secure ways to give to these opportunities:
1. Online: Visit believers.cc/give and be sure to assign your gift to “Compassion” in the dropdown menu. It will default to the Warren Campus. If you would like your gift to go to the Boardman campus select “Compassion Boardman”
2. In the Offering: You can give from now on at any of our services. Just remember to use an envelope and mark “Compassion” or “Compassion Boardman.”
3. From your mobile device: Simply text the amount you’d like to give to 330-239-8881 (Example: $100 Compassion or $100 Compassion Boardman)
4. By mail: You can also send in your gift through the mail to Believers Church at 2577 Schenley Ave NE Warren, OH 44483 Attn: Tom Jochman