This Christmas, your generosity can make a bigger difference than ever! (Learn more here)
FROM DAY ONE, we have been a movement of people defined by generosity, and you give BIG! One hundred percent of these funds went towards acts of compassion in our city, our region and beyond!
WE CALL IT THE COMPASSION OFFERING because we looked at the great need in our church family, community and even our nation, and we were compelled by compassion to do something about it. Honestly, it gave us so much joy to be able to see the need around us and have the ability to meet it on the spot!
HERE ARE JUST A FEW WAYS WE WERE ABLE TO HELP IN 2020:
The person sitting next to you ‘in the pew’ - Single moms, those who were sick, those who lost jobs & those who ran into crisis were given a helping hand in their time of need.
More than a dozen non-profit organizations right here in your community – these non-profit organizations were all challenged financially because of the Covid-19 crisis. You gave them a boost!
Through them you helped provide: (Campus Gifts go to help people who live near your campus)
• Life for unborn babies
• Food, clothing & shelter for those in need (single moms, orphans, hundreds of children, hurting families, etc.)
• Tutoring/Education for those who need to get GED and learn skills to gain employment
• Shelter for abused women & their children
• Recovery treatment for people of all ages
• Support for families who are facing issues related to declining health or profound loss
• Missions’ organizations - You helped with specific projects that provided water, medicine, food & clothing for the needy in several countries.
• The list goes on!
Here’s one specific group you helped!
• Hard-working and determined ‘emancipated children’ who are too old to have foster care but have no parents or care-givers in their lives. They receive a small provision for food, clothing & housing, which they often must use for transportation expenses and other emergencies instead. Through your generosity we were able to help them to care of those expenses. As we communicated the help we would offer, we heard a bit of a stunned silence, followed by an expression of overwhelming gratitude expressing “you have no idea how much this will help these kids!”
THIS YEAR – on the weekend of December 12th & 13th, we’re excited for the opportunity to make an even bigger difference through Compassion Offering 2020!
As BC, we have never been big on spontaneous offerings. We like to follow the biblical example shown in 2 Corinthians 9:7:
You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. "For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”
So I’m asking you to pray about what God would have you do above your regular giving of tithes and offerings. It may be a small amount or a large amount. That’s not the point. I’m just asking you to listen to God’s leading. When we give, we look the most like Jesus. God is a giver, and it’s the most rewarding thing to be a part of!
I am constantly blown away by the generosity of this church body, and I can’t wait to see what God does through us in 2021!
HOW TO GIVE: There are several simple and secure ways to give…
1. Online - Visit believers.cc/give and be sure to assign your gift to “Compassion” in the dropdown menu
2. Text In - Simply text the amount you’d like to give to the number 330-239-8881 and specify which campus you'd like to give to (Example: $100 Warren Compassion or $100 Boardman Compassion)
3. Mail In - You can also send in your gift through the mail to Believers Church 2577 Schenley Ave NE Warren, OH 44483 Attn: Tom Jochman